7 pounds 13 ounces
20.5 inches
Name: still finalizing (the previously announced name is under further review as we get to know him better :)
Quick Birth Story Review:
Tuesday night at 10:00 decided to start timing these really annoying stomach pain...3 minutes apart...consistently but not overly painful
Wednesday morning at 1:30 am decided to call the hospital but neither of our phones were working so we decided to just head on over
Wednesday morning at 2:00 am got to the hospital, monitered contractions and they were still 3 minutes apart but only dilated to 2 cm
Wednesday morning at 3:00 am got sent home and the doctor told us he expected to see again in the next few days.
Wednesday morning at 6:00 am- Melissa still in a lot of pain and can't take it anymore. Douglas drives slowly to the hospital (he was worried that we were going to get sent home again)
Wednesday morning at 6:20 am- arrived at the hospital and security guard wheeled Melissa to labor and delivery while Douglas parked the car.
Wednesday morning at 6:30 am- arrive at triage and dilated to a 6 (great they are not going to send me home)
Wednesday morning at 6:50 am- Baby Boy Cannon was born
Those are the main points I will try and fill it in as time goes on...
17 comments:
I love this baby. Thank goodness he looks like Melissa!
Congrats! He looks like such a cute little guy.
-Jake and Britney Johnsen
ahhh i just about cried looking at your first pictures with your new son! (oh and i strongly vote for Henry! its one of my favorite boy names EVER!) So did you not get to have an epidural??? oh you poor soul. I love you and i am so excited for you! I love that last one with Douglas- he makes a cute dad already!
Palju palju õnne! Congrats! Oh I'm so happy for you Melissa. He's adorable. :)
Congrats! He's beautiful!
Oh my goodness, he is so precious! We are so happy for you guys. You are an amazing woman for doing that all on your own!!! Congrats again!!
Congradulations Mel. I am so very happy for you. This is an AMAZING journey... being a parent. I know you'll both love it and have tons of fun! Just soak up these first few weeks... they really are wonderful.
HE IS SO CUTE!!! Congrats!!! Welcome to the world baby!
CONGRATULATIONS from Lisa's sister Tracey... he is absolutely gorgeous! I love that he already has some "plumpness" to him :).
Oh my gosh, he is sooooooooo cute!!!! Oh I wish I could come visit and hold him and hang out with you. How are you? Alive? I can't wait to hear all the details and his new name...or same name, or whatever you decide name. You're amazing! Good work, love your guts!
So cute. Congratulations.
CONGRATS!!!!! Daniel and I are so happy for you guys! He is gonna be a little heartbreaker :o)
Baby Boy Cannon (AKA Henry James) is very cute! We can't wait to meet him! Morgan and Reilly have a new boyfriend that they can fight over :) Take care and get lots of rest - ha ha ha!!
he is so adorable. congratulations.
Congrats!! He is adorable!!! I hope the finalizing of the name goes well!!!! HOpe you are feeling well and the recovery is smooth.
Hooray!! Congratulations to the Cannons! We are so happy for you! A boy. Please tell us the name soon, so that maybe we can copy. We have no idea for a boy name.
The pictures are great. I especially love the one of just his little diapered, fuzzy body all snuggled up on Douglas. That is one amazing feeling.
Good luck. Enjoy every minute of him.
Love, Buchanans
I knew it was going to be a boy. I tell you that boy gene on cannon side...very potent. We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet him. Boys are so much fun. Mo went to his first baseball game at 3 months (with Cousin Doug). Oh the fun life this kid will have with parents like you.
Becky
Post a Comment