Friday, January 2, 2009

Independence, MO


We visited the Independence MO visitors site which is right across the street from the reorganized church's temple.


Like all church sites they did an excellent job of showing life in MO for the pioneers. The didn't really focus on the extermination order and getting kicked out of MO but focused on the positive things that happened there.


Gayla and Douglas with the printing press.


This is the site of the Independence, MO temple...some day.



For lunch we went to a smokehouse with delicious ribs. Since Douglas is really interested in perfecting ribs he asked our waiter a lot of questions. He didn't really know a lot about the cooking process but all he knew was that the ribs were cooked all night. Now Douglas wants to take our smoker camping so he can cook all night long. Maybe during the summer we can sleep outside and every time the baby wakes us up Douglas can check his ribs :) It is too bad I don't like BBQ sauce. I got a hamburger but they even put BBQ sauce on that so I had to scrape it off.

1 comment:

Christa and Marcus said...

It does seem like we keep missing each other at all the family events! We had a great time with you guys at the reunion and hopefully we will see you guys really soon! PS. You look so beautiful! I am really excited for you guys!