The pregnancy is going great and I am happy to be just over half-way done. We had the 18 week ultrasound and we think our baby is really cute. We were really happy to hear that everything is growing and looks great. We didn't want to find out if it was a boy or a girl so I am collecting a lot of yellow, creme and green clothing. If it is a girl I am going to have to use a lot of bows because I always feel really bad when I tell a mom that her daughter is really cute and it turns out to be her son. It is ironich because throughout my pregnancy I haven't really felt like I have been getting any bigger because it is so gradual. The first sign was when I kept getting stomach aches. So I decided to quit buttoning my jeans and do the rubber band trick. Then I could no longer zip my jeans so I bought a bella band from Target. Then the bella band was making me sick because it was squeezing so tight and my mom was in town so she took me to buy some maternity jeans. I didn't think I would wear them for another couple weeks but I haven't worn anything but them since. They are so comfortable. I love never having to worry about zipping my fly and my pants go clear past my belly button so I never have to worry about my shirt coming up too high. I might never go back to regular jeans but we will see how Douglas feels abou that. So even though I don't feel like I have been getting much bigger I guess my jeans are evidence that I have been. It is good for me to see pictures of myself like the one above because that also reminds me that yes you are getting bigger.
Another big reminder was my last doctor's appointment. Of course the first thing they always do is weigh you. I stepped on the scale and weighed 143 which was an 11 pound jump since my last appointment!!! The nurse asked me to get back on the scale and I told her that she was right because I had already weighed myself earlier at the gym that same day. She said she had to weigh me again because when she entered my weight into the computer it was going to ask her to confirm since it was such a large jump. Sure enough still 143. The next nurse also commented on my weight gain and when it was the doctor's turn he also commented. He actually wasn't concerned at all because from my first to my second appointment I had lost 3 pounds even though I had no morning sickness (that made him more concerned) so he was happy that I had made up for that. So total for half-way through the pregnancy I have gained 8 pounds which he said was fine. He did say that he didn't want me to gain another 11 pounds before the next appointment, but neither do I :)
I have only craved one thing since being pregnant and that was Chic-Fil-A. I googled it after having dreams about Chic-Fil-A and luckily there was one in a mall about 30 minutes away. I called Douglas (while he was in China) and asked him how to get to the mall (I didn't mention my craving). Since we have been to Chic-Fil-A a few more times and it is delicious every time :) Douglas was really sweet and bought me a Chic-Fil-A calendar for Christmas so I guess I get to go there once a month now for the rest of the year!
5 comments:
You look adorable! I'm glad to hear you're feeling well and that baby is healthy.
You are SO dang cute! Don't you love all the weight issues we have when we're expecting! I DO gain about 10 lbs a month the last 6 months...oh well, it's absolutely worth it!
Great photo! I love it when pregnant women look like they are pregnant! However, I PROMISE you will want your regular jeans after the baby is born. Well, a few weeks after . . .
Sa oled ilus! Rasedad naised näevad alati nii armsad välja. :)
Kadri-Riin
You are so cute prego!!! I always knew you would be. I'm glad you solved your stomach hurting problems...those are the worst. I loved maternity pants too it was great not having to worry about zippers and buttons, but I tell you what after I had Abby and I still had to wear maternity clothes I wasn't liking them so much anymore. Good to hear that your baby is healthy and strong. I love that you crave Chick-Fil-A it is my favorite!!! Love all the posts too!!!
Post a Comment