After a lot of phone calls and emails with Gayl at the Exercise Science advisement office it is finally official and I have graduated. They were very helpful and understanding and let me take classes at Boston University in order to finish my degree.
I was able to substitute a very interesting/liberal Womens Health class for the bibochemisty credits that I still needed. Sometimes I just sat in class and shook my head and thought, "if only BYU knew what they were giving me credit for." One of the most interesting experiences was proctoring a test at an all male prison. It was very different than I expected but it had its thrills. For example as we were leaving all of these alarms started going off and an announcement that the prison was going into lockdown. We were about 100 feet from the exit so my teacher yelled run as we started going toward the door and the guards were rushing (like really rushing) past us. If we didn't make it to the closing beeping door we could be stuck in the prison for quite some time. The guard saw us running and held the door open just long enough for us to slip through. I kind of wanted to get stuck in the prison because that would have been a better movie ending. Also as soon as we got in we heard over all the radios "false alarm" so once again my movie story was a bust.
Total I had to take 3 classes at BU and really enjoyed the benefit of not having to pay tuition since I was working at BU. I really recommend that to anyone who just has a few classes to finish, at least at BU you can take up to 8 credits a semester. Now that I have graduated I got a new job and I am working at Fitcorp as a personal trainer.
Thanks everyone for you support, especially Douglas. I thought that Douglas had enough degrees for the both of us but, my parents threatened him before we got married that not graduating was not an option so he was my number one supporter, Thanks Douglas! (and mom and dad)
5 comments:
Yay Melissa!
That's hilarious. Congratulations Melissa! I'm so glad I've got the example of you and Lisa to follow through with what you started. And hopefully the example of J-me soon!
Õnnitlused! Mul on nii hea meel sinu üle. :)
way to go! I am so proud!!! love you mel!
congratulations! I loved the way you worked so hard to finish college, even when it was a challenge! I am
so proud of you!! you set a good example for your sisters!
love,mom
Post a Comment