This is my wonderful Sister, Sister Brown, who is serving a mission right now in Riberao Preto, Brazil. She is great and I love getting her inspiring letters each week. It has been really fun to read about her experiences and reflect upon my own missionary experiences. I can't help but laugh when I read a story that sounds word for word from my mission but then there are the stories that didn't take place on my mission. For example, this week she talked about how she feels when she doesn't bring investigators to church. I have to quote her because it wouldn't be the same if I paraphrase it, "I hate being a missionary and going to church with out investigators I feel so worthless like I have no point being at church." That would have made a lot of my Sundays pointless on my mission. I love serving in Estonia, I love the people, the culture, it was an incredible place to serve. But I made sure not to feel pointless when we didn't have someone at church or my self-esteem would have been hurting.
Well the point of this post is that her companion has been on the mission for 6 months and has only received 2 letters. I had this vision of her receiving tons of mail. My sister said she would be willing to translate if you feel like writing in English (which I will have to do) but if you know Portuguese obviously it would be better in Portuguese. Her name is Sister Claudia Silva. Address below.
Brazil Ribeirão Preto Mission
Rua Cerqueira César 481
Sala 606-Centro
Ribeirão Preto-SP 14010-130
BRAZIL
Thanks
2 comments:
Hey Mel, it's Blake I just found out you were working as a personal trainer at a club ME TOO!! I work at equinox fitness, it's interesting, careful if you visit the website its a little racey. Life here is crazy and hey if you ever have any questions about training or anything related let me know and I'd be more than happy to help any way I can.
Talk to you soon
Blake R
Hey Mel,
Love the update. I really enjoyed seeing the pic of the deploma. Its not that I don't believe you it is just fun to see. My first daughter is a college graduate. YEAH. Two down and two to go.
Great idea for Jamie's companion. That was so thoughtful and I hope she does get alot of letters. I am going to write this Sunday.I loved the pictures of the primary kids. You use to LOVE duck-duck goose. I can't believe you don't remember.
Well, keep up the great work.
Love dad
Post a Comment