Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Henry ate a lady bug



Henry and I were hanging out and I looked over and he was putting something he found off the floor in his mouth. He does this a lot and usually it turns out to be a runaway cheerio but this time I squeezed those cute little chubby cheeks and it was a lady bug. I was so grossed out and for some reason really didn't want to touch the lady bug so I grabbed a shirt from the laundry and used that to get the lady bug out. Gross. Then just a few days later we were playing in a sandbox and Henry saw a brown beetle and decided to munch on that. As soon as I saw him reaching for the beetle I picked him up and handed him to Douglas I was so grossed up. I thought the beetle had gotten inside and was screaming for Douglas to get it out.l Luckily the beetle was too fast for Henry that time, I guess Henry likes a moving target.

oh yeah the pictures are of him after I took the lady bug out he was so mad.

5 comments:

Julie Markham said...

Many cultures eat bugs for their nutritional value. Henry's just going for the protein!

Cannon Clan said...

that is so funny, my second son carson he ate a lady bug when he was little so for his 2nd birthday we made him a lady bug cake and let him eat that.:)

Jamie said...

hahahaha, poor henry. No one lets him eat bugs and no one lets him swim in open waters. love him!

The Cannon Family said...

At least he's getting his protein :o)

Anonymous said...

At least it was a cute ladybug. when Sharon was a toddler we found a huge green caterpillar in her mouth. Now that was gross!! I'll take a ladybug anyday.